Panviva Pty Ltd ABN 29 096 472 543
Panviva Pty Ltd, and its related entities (referred to as Panviva, we or our), is committed to the protection of your Personal Information, in accordance with the privacy laws relevant to your geographical jurisdiction.
This Privacy Statement describes:
- what information Panviva collects about you and why,
- what we do with that information,
- how we share it, and
- how we handle the content you store in our products and services.
For further information about this Privacy Statement, contact Panviva’s Privacy Officer (see ‘Contact Us’ for details).
Panviva may, from time to time, review and update this Privacy Statement to take into account new laws, regulations and technology.
Privacy by Design
Panviva adopts the practice of ‘Privacy by Design’. This consists of the following foundational principles.
- Preventative not remedial. We strive to anticipate and prevent privacy-invasive events before they happen.
- Privacy is the default setting. Personal information in any given Panviva IT system or application is automatically protected by default. The privacy of the information remains intact, without requiring any specific action by the individual to protect their privacy.
- Privacy embedded into development practice. Privacy is an essential component of our application architecture and development practice.
- Full functionality. Panviva strives to accommodate all legitimate objectives in a manner that avoids the need for any trade-offs and without compromising these privacy principles.
- End-to-end security. End-to-end security is a process embedded into our systems, from start to finish throughout the entire data lifecycle. All data is securely retained and then securely destroyed at the end of the process, in a timely fashion.
- Transparency. The business processes or technology we use to protect privacy operate according to our stated objectives. They are subject to independent verification and are visible to our users and other stakeholders.
- Respect for users’ privacy. Above all, we have the utmost respect for our users’ privacy and offer appropriate notification and user-friendly functionality in our systems and applications.
What is Personal Information?
Personal Information is any information about a person that can be used to contact or identify you as an individual. Personal Information does not include information about you that has been made anonymous and therefore cannot be used to identify or contact you.
What Personal Information do we collect?
Panviva collects Personal Information in order to conduct its business and to market and sell its products and services.
Panviva may collect Personal Information such as Name, gender, date of birth, contact details (including personal or work), payment details, product and services information and preferences.
Panviva may collect this information from any of your interactions with Panviva, such as when you:
- visit our Website,
- buy our products or services,
- request information about Panviva, our products or services,
- provide feedback,
- fill in a form on our Website, or
- contact us by telephone, facsimile, email, post or in person.
Information collected via our Website
Panviva will only collect Personal Information about users of our Website when they knowingly provide it, including the examples listed below. Panviva may collect the following Personal Information from users of the Website, when they:
- register before downloading software,
- register for attendance to an online seminar, demo or tradeshow,
- complete a sales information request or contact form,
- view a recorded event,
- become a registered user,
- join a mailing list,
- correspond with Panviva,
- complete a survey for research purposes.
Logging practices for analytics
When you use our Website and SaaS product (SupportPoint), we may collect analytics to help us improve the performance of our products and services.
The information may include:
- the number of users visiting,
- the date, time and duration of a visit,
- the IP address of your computer,
- the path taken through our Website and SaaS product,
- the operating system used, and
- the browser type version.
Cookies are small text files that are transferred to a user’s computer hard drive by a website for the purpose of storing information about a user’s identity, browser type or website visiting patterns.
If you access our Website or SaaS product, a cookie is downloaded onto your computer’s hard drive.
You can adjust your internet browser to disable cookies. If you do this however, Panviva may not be able to provide you with all the service or functionality you require from our Website.
Web beacons are images that originate from a third party site to track visitor activities. Panviva may use web beacons to collect aggregate data and then provide this information to our Website host to improve the performance of our Website.
External Links Disclaimer
Panviva’s website and SaaS product (SupportPoint) may offer the capability to access links to external websites. When you click a link to an external website, you are leaving our secured environment and Panviva’s information management controls no longer apply. We encourage you to read the privacy statement of each website you visit before providing any personal information.
How Panviva uses the Personal Information it collects about you?
Panviva uses the Personal Information it collects about you for our business functions and activities, such as:
- to provide you with information, products or services you have requested;
- to promote and market our products and services to you;
- to provide you with information about other products or services offered by us;
- to personalize and customize your experiences on our Website;
- to communicate with you;
- to help Panviva research the needs of its customers and to market its products and services with a better understanding of your needs and the needs of customers generally;
- to conduct research for the purposes of improving existing products or services or creating new products or services;
- to provide you with ongoing information about Panviva in which we believe you may be interested;
- to allow us to provide advertising material to you of Panviva, our clients, and other business partners;
- to give you the opportunity, from time to time, to receive emails and any other advertising materials from Panviva;
- to help you quickly find software, services or product information important to you; and
- to notify you about important changes to the Website.
If you choose not to provide your Personal Information to Panviva for the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement, we may not be able to undertake certain activities for you such as providing you with requested information, products or services.
Who do we disclose your Personal Information to?
Depending on the nature of your engagement with Panviva, we may disclose your Personal Information to related entities of Panviva, such as third parties that provide products and services to or through:
- Panviva or our Website,
- directly to you (at your request),
- suppliers, and
- other third parties.
Panviva may also disclose your Personal Information to our Website host or software application providers in certain limited circumstances. For example, when our Website experiences a technical problem or when we need to ensure it operates in an effective and secure manner.
Panviva may use your Personal Information to provide you with promotional material about Panviva or the products or services offered by Panviva. If you don’t wish to receive promotional information, you can contact our Privacy Officer in any of the ways specified at the last section, so that your name can be removed from our marketing lists.
Unless otherwise specified in this Privacy Statement, Panviva or Panviva’s Website host will not disclose any of your Personal Information to any other organization unless the disclosure is required by law.
Panviva has appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure your personal information from loss, misuse, disclosure or alteration. Any personal information will be stored in a secure operating environment that is not accessible without authorization.
Accessing and updating your information
You are entitled to access or update the Personal Information that Panviva holds about you. If you request access to your Personal Information, we will grant your request unless providing you with access would unreasonably impact upon the privacy of others or is not otherwise permitted under the National Privacy Principles. If Panviva refuses your request to access your Personal Information, it will provide you with reasons for the refusal.
A request to access or update your information can be made by contacting Panviva’s Privacy Officer (see Contact Us). Panviva welcomes any changes to your details so we can keep our records up to date.
‘Right to Be Forgotten’
Panviva follows the principle of the ‘right to be forgotten’. If we find that we have no further need for your Personal Information we will remove it from our systems and destroy all record of it.
Please contact our Privacy Officer using the details below if you:
- have a question, problem or complaint about our use of your Personal Information,
- feel that your privacy has not been respected,
- feel that Panviva has conducted itself inconsistently with this Privacy Statement in respect to your Personal Information, or
- have any other privacy related query.
write to: Att: Privacy Officer
Panviva Pty Ltd, Level 1, 683 Burke Road, Camberwell, Victoria, Australia, 3124